- Full Time: 2 years
- Full Time: €4,290 per year
International Students: €9,250 International
This programme is designed to give you the opportunity to:
- develop an advanced knowledge and understanding of Early Childhood Studies
- apply analysis, synthesis and evaluative skills to the research and study of Early
- Childhood Education settings
- extend and develop in-depth knowledge of a specialist area
- to prepare for and plan a piece of advanced research in the field of Early Childhood Studies
The learning outcomes are summarised as:
- comprehensive overview of existing and current developments in Early Childhood Studies
- critical evaluation of Early Years theory
- systematic gathering and use of research findings for structuring an argument
- taking and implementing decisions based on analysis and investigation
- enhanced interpersonal and collaborative skills
- facilitating own learning through independent study and research
- Study of Curricular Models in Diverse Settings-30 credits
- Current Issues in Early Childhood-30 credits
- Development, Learning and Curriculum-30 credits
- Policy Issues in Early Childhood-30 credits
Assessment will be formative and summative, and will use a variety of evidence sources including presentations, assignments, and a final dissertation. A written assignment of 5,000 words will be required for each module, together with evidence of the achievement of enhanced research and self-study.
After your studies
The faculty has a thriving research programme leading to MPhil and PhD. We welcome enquiries from anyone interested in research in education policy and practice from the early years to further and higher education and lifelong learning.
This course allows those in the field of education to fulfil their continuous professional development needs by providing relevant courses for career enhancement.